Garden focaccia By Foodfrommylens
This bread treats the eyes with the beauty of a flower garden and tastes yumm as well.Read More
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 cup warm water
- 3 tsp yeast
- Salt as per taste
- 1 tsp powdered sugar
- Mixed herbs-3 tsp
- Garlic 12-15 pods
- Olive oil - 6 tbsp
- Milk as required to knead soft dough
- Round cut veggies -bellpeppers olives, onions, tomatoes
- Rosemary, coriander, basil
- Chilliflakes 1 tsp
- Take 1 cup warm water, 1 tsp powdered sugar and add 3 tsp yeast to it.Mix it well and Keep it aside to activate.
- Meanwhile seive the dough, add salt, 5-6 pods of grated garlic, 1 tsp mixed herbs and mix everything well.
- Now add the activated yeast to it. Mix well , add 2 tbsp oil and warm milk as required to form a soft dough.keep it at a dark place covered with a muslin cloth for 1/2 an hour.
- After 1/2 and hour take it out, punch out the air , grease a baking tray with olive oil and spread the dough in the tray and again keep it aside for 15 minutes.
- Now take out the tray punch out the air with fist. Prepare a mix of grated garlic, mixed herbs, salt, black pepper , olive oil .
- Spread this flavoured oil mix generously over the dough, spread the bellpeppers like in the shape of a flower , onion as butterfly, olives as buds , basil as leaves, spread chopped rosemary and coriander all over the dough. Give it the look of a beautiful garden.
- Again sprinkle that flavoured oil over this preparation. Finally sprinkle some chilliflakes.
- Keep this in a pre heated oven to bake for about 25 minutes at 200 degree .
- Bake it untill golden brown.
- Cut into pieces and Serve it with soup, any dip or with tea as evening snack .