Gajar ka Halwa Cake By monalisaLF
Gajar ka Halwa Cake
Unlike Carrot Cake it is more delicious, juicy and creamy. Gajar Ka Halwa layer adds a surprise in every bite. It is a combination of both Indian and Western desserts.Read More
- 1 cup all purpose (250gms)
- 1/2 cup brown sugar or powdered sugar (125gms)
- 1/3 cup melted clarified butter/unsalted butter/oil (80gms)
- 1/3 cup condensed milk (80gms)
- 1/4 cup grated carrots (60gms)
- 3 eggs
- 1 tbsp buttermilk (15gms)
- 1 tsp baking powder (5gms)
- 1 tsp vanilla essence (5gms)
- 1/4 tsp salt (1.25gms)
- 1 cup homemade CreamCheese (250 gms)
- 1 cup left over Gazar ka Halwa (250gms)
- Mix the dry ingredients- flour, baking powder and salt in a mixing bowl.
- In another bowl beat eggs and sugar with an electric beater till the sugar mixes well.
- Add vanilla essence and clarified butter and beat again.
- While beating keep on adding buttermilk and condensed milk little by little at a time.
- Now add the dry mixture to the wet mixture in two parts and mix them in cut and fold method with a spatula.
- Pre-heat the oven at 180 degree Celsius.
- Add grated carrots and give a light mix with the spatula.
- In a greased cake mould pour the batter and bake at 170 degree Celsius for 45 mins.
- After 45 mins take the cake out of the oven and let it cool.
- When the cake cools down cut it into two parts from the middle.
- Add a layer of creamcheese and top it with gazar ka halwa. Cover with the other part of the cake.
- Let it rest for a while in room temperature.
- Garnish with powdered sugar. Cut and enjoy the cake.