Gahat ke Paranthe By Pankaj Bhadouria
Gahat ke Paranthe
Gahat or horse gram is a rich source of protein and is known to reduce blood sugar. Chef Pankaj Bhadouria uses the horse gram to make paranthas that are ideal for breakfast. These paranthas can be enjoyed with curd as well as chutney.Read More
- 1 - 1/2 cup boiled horse gram lentil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 2 green chillies
- 1 tsp sliced ginger
- 1 - 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- pink salt as per taste
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1 fresh red chilli
- Prepare a paste of boiled horse gram lentil along with cumin seeds, green chillies, sliced ginger and water.
- In a bowl, add whole wheat flour, pink salt as per taste, turmeric powder, red chilli powder, olive oil, water and prepare a smooth and soft dough. Leave the dough to rest for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Make small balls of the dough. Flatten it, dust with flour and roll it out. Stuff the dough with the filling and seal it. Dust it with flour and roll it out again.
- Cook the parantha on a pan from both the sides. Apply desi ghee and cook it again till it turns crispy.
- Serve the parantha with chutney. Extract the seeds from red chilli and cut it into fine strips and use it as a garnish.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.