This healthy vegetable stew Gaaya contains a range of healthy vegetables from capsicum to sweet potato and makes the perfect nourishing and satiating meal for serving anytime.Read More
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp black peppercorns
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 boiled sweet potato
- 1 onion
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- 1 tomato
- 2 tbsp coriander seeds
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- 10 garlic cloves
- 1 tbsp chilli flakes
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- 4 prunes
- 1 tsp black pepper powder
- 1 tsp ground allspice
- 1 tsp cinnamon and nutmeg powder
- fresh parsley
- fresh carom leaves
- fresh thyme
- In a heated pan add oil, black peppercorn and cumin seeds.
- Chop boiled sweet potato, capsicum, onion and carrot.
- To the oil add chopped onions and let t cook.
- Add chopped yellow bell pepper, chopped tomatoes and saute.
- Add coriander seeds, lemon zest and stir it.
- Add garlic cloves, chilli flakes, carrots and vegetable stock.
- Add chopped prunes, dates, black pepper powder, garam masala, cinnamon and nutmeg powder.
- Add coriander powder and stir it.
- Add sweet potato, fresh parsley leaves, carom leaves, thyme and mix it.
- To garnish add the slice of boiled sweet potato, carom leaves, thyme, black pepper powder, lemon wedges, paprika powder and Gaaya is ready to serve hot.
Explore our Popular Stories.