Fugiyas & Varyas By Ajay Chopra
Fugiyas & Varyas
Chef Ajay Chopra shares the recipes for Fugiyas and Varyas, the popular dishes from the East Indian community of India. Fugiyas is a sweet deep-fried bread and varyas are also deep-fried doughnut-shaped snacks.Read More
- For varyas
- 250 ml toddy
- 4 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup refined flour/maida
- 1 cup of rice flour
- 1 cup urad dal flour
- oil for deep frying
- For fugiya
- 1 egg
- 2 tsp sugar
- ½ tsp yeast
- 1 cup coconut milk
- ½ cup maida
- 2 tbsp rice flour
- For garnish
- icing sugar
- In a bowl, add toddy, sugar and whisk it.
- Add refined flour, rice flour, urad dal flour and mix it well.
- Leave it to ferment overnight.
- Apply water on hands, take a small portion of varya batter and roll it into a thick disc shape.
- Make a hole at the centre and deep fry the varya in the oil.
- In another bowl, add egg, sugar, yeast, coconut milk and whisk it.
- Add refined flour, rice flour and mix it well.
- Leave the batter to ferment overnight.
- Apply water on the palms and make small balls.
- Deep fry it in the oil until it turns crispy.
- Garnish with icing sugar and serve.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.