Winner - Your recipe contest Week 4
Sweet dishRead More
- 2cup milk
- 2or1/2tbsps custard powder
- 2 to 3 tbsps sugar
- Fruits of your choice (about cups, use as desire
- 1 apple - medium sized
- 1/2mango - large
- 1banana - medium sized
- 1/2pomegranate or as needed
- Rinse the fruits thoroughly and chill them in the fridge .
- Refrigerating after chopping will let out juices from the cut fruits making the custard runny .
- Heat milk in a wide pan or sauce pot .
- Add sugar and stir until it dissolves .
- Mean while and custard powder to a small cup .
- Then pour 3to 4tbsp of milk to it. Stir well,. Make sure it is free from any lumps .
- When the milk turns hot, pour,2tbsp of the mix to the hot milk. Stir it until well incorporated .
- Repeat adding little more and stir well. Pour the rest of the mix and stir well to prevent lumps .
- Keep stirring and cook on a low medium heat until the custard turns thick .
- The custard must coat the back of the spoon well but must be yet of runny consistency.
- Switch off the stove and whisk the custard well to make it smooth. Cover immediately.
- Cool this completely and chill it in the fridge.
- Whisk the custard well before serving. This ensures even and smooth fruit custard.
- Peel and chop the fruits to bite size. Add them to serving cups.
- Pour the custard over the fruits and gently mix.
- Serve fruit custard immediately.