Flodni By Ranveer Brar
Chef Ranveer Brar shares a recipe for a traditional Jewish Hungarian dessert called Flodni. This pastry dessert is filled with four delicious fillings of jams. It is crispy on the outside and soft and gooey on the inside.Read More
- 100 ml white wine
- 5 to 6 sliced dried apricots
- 1 tbsp apricot jam
- 1 tbsp castor sugar
- 2 tbsp unsalted butter
- 1 tbsp roasted poppy seeds
- For chocolate filling: 200 gm chopped dark chocolate
- For pastry dough: 1 kg refined flour
- 300 gm butter
- cold water
- For prunes filling
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2tsbp sugar
- 100 gm chopped prunes
- For apple filling
- 1 granny smith apple (peeled and grated)
- 1 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp sugar
- For garnish
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- 50 gms blueberries
- In a heated pan, add white wine, add chopped apricots, apricot jam, castor sugar, unsalted butter, roasted poppy seeds and mix it well.
- On a double boiler, add dark chocolate and let it melt.
- Add chopped walnuts and mix it.
- In a baking tray, add pastry sheet, add the chocolate mixture.
- Layer it with pastry sheet and add the apple filling.
- Layer it with pastry sheet and add the apricot filling.
- Layer again with a pastry sheet and add prune filling.
- Cover the top layer with pastry sheet and bake it in the oven at 170'C for 60 minutes.
- Once baked, chill it for 6 hours in the fridge.
- In a pan, add sugar and let it melt.
- Add blueberries, walnuts, white wine and toss.
- Garnish with cream cheese, apricots and blueberry mixture.
Explore our Popular Stories.