Fattah By Ranveer Brar
Fattah is an Egyptian Lamb dish generally served during the festive season. Chef Ranveer Brar shares a recipe for this lamb Fattah served with rice and pita bread. The lamb is succulent, juicy and mouthwatering.Read More
- 250 gm lamb
- 2 onion
- 1 tsp garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 1 tsp cardamom powder
- 1 tsp all spice powder
- 100 ml lamb stock
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 tomato
- 3 pita bread
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 50 gm thin vermicelli
- 1 tbsp fresh cream
- crushed black pepper
- For accompaniment
- steamed rice
- For garnish
- tomato vinegar chilli paste
- feta cheese
- black and green olives
- pita bread chips
- lemon wedges
- fresh mint sprigs
- In a heated pan, add olive oil, sliced onion and saute.
- Add garlic and toss it.
- Add lamb and toss it.
- Add bay leaves and toss it again.
- Add salt as per taste and toss it.
- Add tomato paste, cardamom powder, all spice powder and mix it well.
- Add lamb stock and let it cook for 45 - 60 minutes.
- Add vinegar, diced tomato and let it cook.
- Add crushed black pepper and mix.
- In another heated pan, add olive oil as required.
- Slice the pita bread and lightly toast it.
- In the same pan, add tomato paste, water as required, thin vermicelli, fresh cream, water and mix.
- Add the toasted pita bread at the bottom of the pan.
- Add tomato chilli vinegar paste, vermicelli, steamed rice, crushed black pepper. Pour the sauce and meat.
- Garnish with feta cheese, olives, pita bread chips, lemon wedges and mint leaves.
Explore our Popular Stories.