Fantasy on a plate By Vadiraj Kulkarni
Fantasy on a plate
Chocolate cake with mango sorbet, vanilla cinnamon custard sauce, caramel and almond crumbs.Read More
- 150 gms Maida
- 50 gms Chocolate powder
- 150 gms powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp Baking powder
- 1/4 tsp Baking soda
- 50 gms milk powder
- 150 ml milk
- 100 gms butter
- 2 mangoes
- Pinch of salt
- 50 gms almonds, finely chopped
- 10 gms cinnomon powder
- 4-5 drops of Vanilla extract
- 2 tbsp custard powder
- 50 ml fresh cream
- For Cake, In a mixing bowl, mix 150 gms of maida, 50 gms of chocolate powder, 1/2 tsp of Baking powder and 1/4 tsp of Baking soda and milk powder.
- In another bowl, mix 150 gms of butter and 100 gms of powdered sugar and beat until they get mixed well. Add 100 ml of milk to it.
- Now mix the flour mixture to the above mixture in 3 equal portions, one after the other and beat until the batter is formed as thick falling consistency.
- Beat the mixture in cut and fold method to ariate it.
- Bake the mixture in a greased and dusted cake mould in an oven for 20 minutes at 180°C.
- Check if it's baked and demould the cake and cool it down.
- For mango Sorbet, blend 2 mangoes with 2 tbsp of sugar and pinch of salt and 20 ml milk, into a thick smoothie consistency. Deep freeze it for an hour.
- For caramel, melt the sugar in a pan until it caramelizes. Drizzle this caramel on a silicon mat as thin strands to create caramel art.
- For Vanilla Cinnamon custard sauce, boil 50 gms of milk, add 2 tbsp of custard powder and whisk regoursely to form no lumbs. Cool it down.
- To this mixture, add fresh cream, vanilla extract and cinnamon powder.
- For almond crumbs, finely chop the roasted almonds.
- Crush the remaining caramel strands and mix it with the chopped almonds.
- For Plating, Place the cake cut in a square shape, on the black plate, decorate with drops of Vanilla Cinnamon custard sauce and caramel art. Spread almond crumbs along the side of the cake. Finish the plating by finely dusting icing sugar on the cake and serve it with the mango sorbet.