English Cake By Kaustubh Sahil Garg
Madeira Cake is a sponge cake in a traditional english cookery. It is eaten with tea or (occasionally) for breakfast and is traditionally flavoured with lemon. Dating back to an original recipe in the 18th or 19th century, Madeira cake is similar to a pound cake.Read More
- Flour 100grams
- Butter 100grams
- Breakfast sugar 100grams
- Eggs 100grams
- Baking Powder 5grams
- Lemon zest 1/2 teaspoon
- Lemon Essence 1/2 teaspoon
- Tutti frutti 100grams
- Sieve refined flour and baking powder together.
- Cream butter and breakfast sugar together till light and creamy in texture.
- Then add the beaten eggs one spoon at a time and continue whisking at same speed.
- Now add the lemon zest and essence. Pour all the dry ingredients and fold it well.
- Pour the batter in greased and lined cake tin and bake it in the preheated oven at 170degree Celcius for 25 to 30mins untill the skewer inserted in the centre of the cake comes out clean.