Eggs Bhujna (अंड्याचं भुजणं)
A unique take on the classic Pathare Prabhu egg dishRead More
- 4 Eggs
- 2 Onions
- 3 Tomatoes
- 8 cloves Garlic
- Few sprigs of Coriander
- 7-8 pieces of dried Kokum (Amsu
- Cumin Seeds
- Mustard seeds
- Red Chilly powder
- Garam Masala
- Hing (Asafoetida)
- Salt to taste
- Finely chop the onions, coriander and tomatoes.
- Soak the Kokum pieces in water 15 mins prior to cooking .
- Crush the garlic into fine pieces.
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a large flat-bottomed pan.
- When the oil heats up add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and hing for tempering.
- When the seeds start popping, add the crushed garlic and sauté for some time .
- Add onions and saute till they become translucent.
- Add the tomatoes, some salt to taste and saute it well until the tomatoes turn soft.
- Add turmeric and chilly powder and 3-4 tbsp water so the mixture doesn't stick to the bottom.
- Mix all the ingredients well to make a thick masala base .
- Crush and add the Kokum pieces along with the soaking water to this mixture to lend a tangy flavour.
- Add some garam masala and sauté well.
- Using a ladle divide the masala into 4 sections making 4 circular cavities in the mixture.
- Pour a small amount of oil in one cavity.
- Break an egg inside this cavity with the yolk intact.
- Repeat adding oil and egg to the other 3 cavities as well.
- Spread the masala from the edges over the egg.
- Cover with a lid and let it cook for 2-3 mins on low to medium flame.
- Remove lid, flip all the four eggs in the pan and cook the other side for 2 mins.
- Garnish with Coriander and serve hot with rotis .