Eggless Plum Cake By Mallika Ghai
Eggless Plum Cake
The best thing about this recipe is that it is eggless. It contains lots of dry fruits. The orange flavour boosts the taste buds, making it a wonderful delight. The cinnamon, nutmeg and cardamom powder enhances the taste. This cake is soft and spongy.Read More
- 1 + 1/2 Cups All-Purpose flour
- 1/2 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Soft Butter
- 2 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 Cup Rum
- 1/2 Cup Orange Juice
- 2 tsp Orange Zest
- 30 grams Cashew nuts, chopped
- 20 grams Walnuts, chopped
- 20 grams Green Raisins, chopped
- 20 grams Black Raisins, chopped
- 20 grams Cranberries, chopped
- 20 grams Blueberries, chopped
- 20 grams Dry Cherries, chopped
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1/2 tsp Nutmeg Powder
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- Mix all the nuts, raisins, berries and cherries in a bowl.
- Soak them in rum. Cover it with a cling film and refrigerate it for 2 weeks.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk soft butter and brown sugar until creamed.
- Add sieved flour, baking powder and baking soda to it.
- Then add cinnamon powder, nutmeg powder and cardamom powder to it.
- Add orange zest. Mix well.
- Squeeze off the soaked nuts, raisins, cherries and berries completely and add it to the cake batter.
- Slowly add the orange juice until you get a smoth consistency.
- Mix the batter. Do not overmix.
- Pour the batter into the cake mould.
- Preheat the oven at 180°C for 10 minutes.
- Keep the cake mould in the preheated oven and bake the cake at 180°C for 40 minutes.
- Allow the cake to cool down completely.
- Demould the cake and enjoy.