EGGLESS CARAMEL SAUCE CAKE By Jahnabi Bhagawati
EGGLESS CARAMEL SAUCE CAKE
Cakes with caramel sauce drizzling are quite common. But my cake recipe is special because it has caramel sauce not only outside but also inside. The rich and tasty caramel sauce gives the cake very smooth texture and amazing taste, a beautiful golden colour and it absolutely melts in your mouth.Read More
- Dry Ingredients: Maida or refined flour- 1 1/2 cup
- Baking Soda: 1/2 Teaspoon
- Baking Powder: 1 1/2 Teaspoon
- Wet Ingredients: Condensed Milk: 200 ml
- Refined oil: 3 Tablespoons
- Milk: 1/2 Cup
- Vinegar or Lemon Juice: 1 1/2 Teaspoons
- For Caramel Sauce -Granulated Sugar: 100g
- Butter: 3 Tablespoons
- Fresh Cream: 4 Tablespoons
- Milk: 1 Cup
- Toasted and Chopped Almonds: 4-5 no.
- Chopped Cashewnuts: 3-4 no.
- Vanilla Essence: 1 Teaspoon
- All the ingredients should be at ROOM TEMPERATURAdd Lemon Juice or Vinegar and Vanilla Essence (optionain milk, stir it keep it aside for 5-10 minutes.
- For CARAMEL SAUCE: Heat 50g sugar in a pan at low to medium flame by continuosly stirring until the sugar melts and caramelizes. Ensure that all the sugar crystals have melted. Switch off the flame and add 2 Tablespoons of Butter, 2 Tablespoons of fresh Cream and 1/4 to 1/2 cup of milk and mix until everything incorporates. If the milk doesn't mix then switch on the flame and then mix. But donot let it burn. Add Toasted and chopped almonds and chopped Cashewnuts.
- In the prepared Caramel sauce, add refined oil and whisk it for 2 to 3 minutes using a wire whisk or an electric beater or a fork. Then add Condensed milk and again whisk for 5 minutes.
- Sift Refined flour, baking soda and baking powder.
- Then fold in the dry ingredients into the caramel sauce and condensed milk mix, batch by batch adding the milk-vinegar mixture little by little using a spatula (not whisslowly with a very light hand. Make a batter of dropping consistency.
- Grease a cake tin with butter or oil and dust it with flour.
- Pour the cake batter in the tin but don't fill more than 3/4 of the tin.
- Bake your cake at a preheated convection oven or OTG at 180°C at bake mode or only with bottom rods on for 25-30 minutes. Check after 20 mins.
- Prick the cake till bottom with a skewer or toothpick and your cake is done if it comes out clean. Take it out let it cool in the tin for 15 minutes covering it with a moist muslin cloth. Then demould it.
- Prepare some caramel sauce of flowing or drizzlable consistency using the process and ingredients given above but without the nuts. Then drizzle the sauce over it and decorate the cake with chopped almonds and cherries.
- YOUR EGGLESS CARAMEL SAUCE CAKE IS READENJOY!.