Eggless Baked Coffee Churros ! By Shradha Sahil Shah
Eggless Baked Coffee Churros !
Churros are a sweet pastry from Spain..Usually ,these are fried pastry sticks which are crispy on outside & soft on the inside & covered with sugar & cinnamon. I have tried my version of baked churros flavoured with some coffee which is equally delicious.Read More
- Ingredients for Churros :
- • 1 Cup Maida
- • 1 cup water
- • 1/4th tsp Cinnamon Powder
- • 1 tsp Coffee Powder
- • 2 tbsp Sugar
- • 3 tbsp Salted Butter
- Ingredients for coating Churros :
- 1/4th Cup Castor Sugar
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- In a pan , add cinnamon powder ,water , coffee powder, sugar & butter . Place over medium high heat . Heat until mixture starts to simmer .
- Remove the pan from the heat & add flour . Mix until there are no lumps & a dough is formed .
- Transfer your dough in a star nozzle fitted piping bag . Start piping dough into long churros ,leaving some space in between . Brush the churros with some melted butter .
- Bake the churros in a Preheated oven @ 170 degrees for 25 to 30 minutes .. or until golden brown in colour & crisp from outside. Leave it in oven ( switched off oven ) for 5 minutes and then cover it with some cinnamon - castor sugar mixture .. Cover it completely all over.. Serve it with some melted Chocolate on side !! ..Enjoy ...