Egg-free marble cake! By Shreyaa Siddarth
Egg-free marble cake!
This favorite tea time snack cake is so light and fluffy! It is an easy egg free recipe that anyone can make. Most recipes that I have tried are too sweet and overpowered with chocolate unlike this one. This recipe can be made in both an oven and a cooker.Read More
1 loaf of cake, 6 people with each 2 pieces
Prep time - 25 mins, bake time - 35 mins
- 1.5 cups all purpose flour
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt (ignore salt if salted butter is being used)
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup yogourt
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbs cocoa powder
- 2 tbs lukewarm water
- 1/2 cup milk
- # CREME FOR BATTER.
- In a small bowl, add the room temperature butter and the sugar.
- Add the yogurt .
- Use an electric blender, whisk or stand mixer to beat the mixture until the color of the butter lightens.
- # VANILLA BATTER.
- Sieve the all-purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt into a plate.
- Now add this into the creme (butter mixturthat was prepared.
- Add the milk.
- Add the vanilla essence.
- Use the cut and fold method to make a sticky batter, Add extra milk if required.
- # CHOCOLATE BATTER.
- In the small bowl, sieve the cocoa powder and add the lukewarm water and mix for a slightly thick consistency of a smooth batter.
- Add 2 tbs of the vanilla batter to chocolate batter and keep aside.
- # PREPARING THE TIN.
- Butter the tin and dust with flour.
- Now layer the tin in layer with vanilla batter (note that batter will not be runny when put in the tin).
- Now add specs of chocolate batter in random pattern on top.
- Use a toothpick to make a marble design (don't poke with toothpick, be gentle).
- Gently layer the next vanilla batter layer and repeat marble designs with chocolate batter and complete with chocolate marble designs on the top ( FILL THE BATTER ONLY 3/4TH WAY TO THE TOP ).
- # BAKING.
- Preheat the oven for the present time on 180 C on a middle rack and bake for 35 minutes on 180C (not not to open the oven in the first 20 mins).
- Peirce a toothpick in the center of the cake to check if baked.
- Cool down cake after bake and enjoy! :).