Dudhi Dalcha By Zarine Khan
This wholesome dish not only looks appetizing but is also healthy. This is the ideal dish for those who like spicy and sour vegetarian meal. Dudhi Dalcha can be served hot with rice and by pouring some ghee over it.Read More
- 1 cup soaked split pigeon peas
- 1 cup soaked split red lentils
- 3 cups water
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- salt to taste
- 2 green chillies
- 1 diced bottle gourd
- 2 chopped tomatoes
- ½ cup tamarind juice
- 2 chopped onions
- 3 - 4 tbsp oil
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 6 - 8 kashmiri red chillies
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 10 curry leaves
- In a heated pan add soaked skinned split pigeon peas, soaked skinned split red lentils, water and mix it up.
- Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, salt, chopped green chillies and mix it well and let it cook.
- Dice the bottle gourd and add it in a bowl.
- Add chopped tomatoes in the gravy and let it cook.
- Add diced bottle gourd and mix it well.
- Add tamarind juice and let it cook.
- Chop onions on a chopping board.
- In a heated pan add oil, cumin seeds, mustard seeds, Kashmiri red chillies, chopped garlic, curry leaves and let it fry.
- Add chopped onions and stir it.
- Add red chilli powder and mix it well.
- Add all the spices into the gravy and let it cook.
- For garnish add freshly chopped coriander leaves and Dudhi Dalcha is ready to serve hot.
Explore our Popular Stories.