Doro Wat By Ranveer Brar
Chef Ranveer Brar shares a recipe for a spicy Ethiopian chicken stew called Doro Wat. In this recipe, the chicken is slowly simmered in a gravy infused with Berbere spices. This piquant chicken is incredibly tasty.Read More
- 2 chicken leg
- 1 tsp fresh garlic
- 1 tsp fresh ginger
- 1 large onion
- 2 tbsp berbere spice mix
- 3 tbsp tomato paste
- 100 ml chicken stock
- For garnish
- niter kibeh
- boiled egg wedges
- fresh coriander sprigs
- In a bowl, add chicken legs, salt as per taste, mix it well and keep it aside.
- In a heated pan, add olive oil, chopped garlic, ginger, onion and saute.
- Add berbere spice mix and mix it well.
- Add the chicken and let it soak in the spices.
- Add water and mix it.
- Add tomato paste, chicken stock and mix it well.
- Cover the pan with a lid and let it cook.
- Add the chicken in a serving pan.
- Add spiced butter and let it melt.
- Add boiled egg wedges. Garnish with coriander sprigs and serve.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.