Pitha is a rice cake popularly made in East Indian states like Bihar, West Bengal and Orissa. Chef Ranveer Brar shares the recipe for a popular Bihar dessert, Doodh Pitha.Read More
- 1 litre milk
- 1 cup water
- 250 gm rice flour
- 1 cup khoya
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp coconut powder
- 7 to 8 raisins
- ¼ tsp cardamom powder
- Heat oil in a pan In another pan heat little water and pinch of salt.
- Add rice flour and mix continously.
- Remove in a bowl, make a dough and roll it into a shape of a log.
- In another bowl add khoya, sugar, coconut powde, raisins, cardamom powder and mix.
- Divide rice dough into equal parts. Hollow each to add stuffing, seal and roll it into a ball.
- Add balls into milk and bring to boil. Add sugar and let the balls poach for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Remove and keep aside.
- Let the milk thicken on simmer for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Add balls back in it.
- garnish Doodh Pitha with saffron and almonds.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.