Doli Wali Khichdi and Kada Prashad
Kada Prashad is a classic Sikh preparation that is typically made during any festivities, auspicious occasions and weddings. This prashad is also served in gurudwaras and is made from three simple ingredients, wheat flour, ghee and sugar.Read More
- 1 cup sugar
- For kada prashad
- 1 cup ghee
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- sugar syrup
- For doli wali khichdi
- 3 tbsp ghee
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 inch ginger chopped
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cup mung dal
- For garnish
- For preparing sugar syrup, add sugar and water in a pan and let it boil.
- For preparing Kada Prashad, add ghee in a pan.
- Add wheat flour and keep stirring it until it turns golden brown.
- Add sugar syrup and mix it.
- For preparing Doli wali Kichdi, add ghee in a heated pan.
- Add cumin seeds, chopped ginger and mix it.
- Add soaked green mung dal, soaked rice, salt as per taste and mix it well.
- Add water and let it cook.
- Serve the Kada Prashad and, Doli wali Kichdi garnished with ghee.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.