Dim posto By Shallowrie
Dim posto is a Bengali delicacyRead More
- 4 Whole Eggs
- 1/4 cup Poppy seeds , made into paste
- 1/4 cup Homemade tomato puree
- 1 teaspoon Panch Phoran Masala
- 1/2 teaspoon Turmeric powder (Hald1 Onion , roughly chopped
- 1 inch Ginger , finely chopped
- 4 cloves Garlic
- 2 Green Chilli , chopped
- 1/2 cup Mustard oil
- 1 Dry Red Chilli
- 1 Bay leaf (tej patt1 teaspoon Sugar , optional
- Salt , to taste
- Make a paste of the onions, ginger, garlic, green chillies and keep aside.
- Make the paste of the poppy seeds by adding a little water and keep aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in a heavy bottomed pan. Add eggs and fry till it turns light brown in colour.
- Add some more oil into the same pan, add dry red chili and bay leaf. Cook for about 20 seconds.
- Then add the onion ginger garlic green chilli paste. Let it cook for 2 to 3 minutes until the raw smell from the onions go away and saute for a couple of more minutes.
- After 2 to 3 minutes, tomato puree, salt and sugar. Saute for a couple of minutes and then add the poppy seed paste and the fried eggs.
- Simmer the Dim Posto Recipe for a good 4 to 5 minutes until it forms a good masala. Adjust the consistency of the Dim Poshto by adding 1/2 cup of water or more. Check the salt and spices and adjust according to taste.