Dilli ki Chicken Biryani By Gaurav
Dilli ki Chicken Biryani
Recipe of Master Chef Ashwini Kumar Singh will elaborate on how to make Dilli ki Biryani.Read More
- TO COOK THE YAKNI
- Chicken curry cut 500 gm
- Salt to taste
- Slice onion
- 100 gm Desi ghee
- 50 gm White pepper powder
- 1 tsp Red chili powder
- 1 tsp Bay leaf
- 4 nos Green cardamom
- 2 pcs Cinnamon
- 2 sticks Clove
- 50 gm Green chilli, pounded
- 10 gm Ginger, pounded
- 20 gm Garlic, pounded
- 30 gm Biryani masala
- 20 gm Cardamom powder
- 1 tsp Mace powder
- TO COOK RICE Rice (Sella basmati)
- 250gm Chicken stock
- 1 ltr Ginger juillines
- 1 tbsp Green chillies
- 2 nos Salt
- To taste GARNISHES Slit green chilli
- 1 tbsp Ginger juliennes
- 1 tbsp Ghee
- 50 gm Saffron (soaked in milk)
- 1 tbsp Brown onion
- METHOD TO COOK YAKNI • Clean and wash the chicken.
- Heat ghee in a lagan, put the whole spices when it crackles add the slice onion • Add the chicken, cover the lagan with a lid and let it be cooked for 5 min.
- After 5 min add the pounded garlic, ginger and green chillies.
- Cover again and cooked.
- Add the white pepper powder, red chilli powder and biryani masala.
- Add curd and cook for another 5 min.
- Add milk and cook the yakni till done.
- Add kewra attar to the cooked chicken and mix nicely.
- TO BOIL THE RICE • Wash and soaked rice for 30 min.
- Take a pot, boil the chicken stock with ginger juillines and slit green chillies.
- Drain out the water from rice in a rice stainer.
- Put rice along with ghee and salt to the boiling stock.
- At the stage for 50% remove the pot from fire and drain out all the water from the rice in a stainer.
- Keep a side.
- TO ASSEMBLE THE BIRYANI.
- Take a lagan; put little prepared yakni mixture first.
- Arrange little rice over it and cover it with the rest of prepared chicken yakni.
- Sprinkle cardamom and mace powder, slit green chillies, ginger and brown onion.
- Cover with balance rice and sprinkle with saffron, kewra, ghee and cream.
- Cover the rice with a muslin cloth/ aluminium foil • Roll dough and put it in the rim of the handi and seal with the tight fitting lid.
- Place little live charcoals on the top of the lid and let it cook on slow flame for 30 minutes.
- When done open the seal and served the biryani with raita.