Veg Momos with Spicy Chutney By LF Team
Veg Momos with Spicy Chutney
We can never say No-No to a MOMO! These fantastic looking steamed dumplings can be had at any time of the day and that too without any guilt. The spicy chutney served with it will take the taste to a whole new different level and is way too tempting to resist.Read More
- For the dough
- 2 cups plain flour
- 1/2 cup water
- For the stuffing
- 2 tsp oil
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- 1 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1/2 cup chopped capsicum
- 1/2 cup chopped carrots
- 2 cups chopped cabbage
- black pepper powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- For the chutney
- 2 tomatoes
- 5-6 kashmiri red chillies
- 1/4 cup water
- 2tsp sugar
- For the dough: In a mixing bowl, add plain flour and water. Mix well and make a soft dough.
- Roll out the dough. Fold the dough inwards and make a roll. Cut the roll into small pieces.
- For the stuffing: Heat oil in a pan. Add chopped ginger, chopped garlic, chopped onions, chopped capsicum, chopped carrots and chopped cabbage. Saute it for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add salt, black pepper powder and red chilli powder. Mix well and cook for 5 to 6 minutes.
- For the chutney: Place tomatoes and Kashmiri red chillies in a pan. Cover and cook it for 8-10 minutes.
- Peel the tomatoes and transfer the mixture into a mixer grinder. Add salt, sugar, water into the mixer and grind all the ingredients until it forms a chutney.
- Transfer the chutney into a bowl.
- To make the momos: Roll out the small pieces of the dough. Place the prepared filling and seal the edges.
- Place the momos inside a steamer and steam the momos for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve your momos with the prepared chutney.
Explore our Popular Stories.