Date Walnut Chocolate Semolina Cake By Sampada Gawand
Date Walnut Chocolate Semolina Cake
Happiness is a piece of cake ! Recipe is a easy & healthy as I added semolina with date & walnut.Read More
- 1 cup fine semolina (Rava)
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup Cocoa powder
- 1/2 fresh curd
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp chocolate essence
- 1/4 cup walnuts
- 1/4 cup seedless dates
- chocolate spread for Decoration
- Chop the dates and walnuts and keep aside.
- Grease 8 inch cake tin with butter and place a butter paper at bottom of the tin so that the cake will come out easily.
- In a large bowl take semolina (rava), powdered sugar and cocoa powder and mix it well. (If you don't have fine semolina ,grind regular semolina in mixer grinder.).
- Add fresh curd, oil, chocolate essence, chopped dates and walnuts to the mixture and mix it well.
- Now gradually start adding milk to the mixture to form a smooth batter (Add half of the milk and keep the rest milk aside.).
- Keep this batter to rest for 15-20 mins.During this time the semolina will soak the moisture and batter will become thick.
- Meanwhile preheat the oven at 180 degree c. or Preheat cooker without gasket and whistle attached.Placed a stand in it . And heat the cooker on medium flame for 15 mins.
- After 15 mins , now add the rest of milk to the batter. The batter should be of pouring consistency.
- Add baking powder and baking soda to the batter and mix it well. Don't over mix the mixture.
- Pour the batter into the greased cake tin.Tap well to level and release air bubbles.
- Bake it in a preheated oven for 25- 30 mins. or Place the cake tin in preheated cooker and close the lid. Let the cake bake on low to medium flame for 30 mins.
- Now take it out from the oven or cooker and let it cool completely.
- Transfer the cake in a serving plate.Decorate the cake with chocolate spread and sprinkle walnuts.
- Bakery style Date walnut chocolate semolina cake is ready !😋🎂.