Darjeeling Tea Panjabi Chole By Rakhee Vaswani
Darjeeling Tea Panjabi Chole
Rich with aromatic spices, this Punjabi chole dish is sure to add a spicy spin to simple meals.Read More
- For darjeeling tea panjabi chole
- 3 tbsp darjeeling tea
- ½ kg soaked chickpeas
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 slit green chillies
- 2 to 3 tbsp oil
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 black cardamoms 3 to 4 black peppercorns
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 tbsp chole masala
- water as required
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp ginger and garlic paste
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1 slit green chilli
- 1 tsp ginger juliennes
- For garnish
- ginger juliennes
- slit green chilli
- chopped coriander
- red chilli paste
- green chutney
- For serving
- onion rings chillies and beetroot salad
- Take darjeeling tea leaves in a muslin cloth tie it and put in the pan containing chickpeas and boil it together, add ginger garlic paste green chillies and cook till it is completely softened.
- Discard the tea leaves.
- In another deep vessel or pan, drizzle some oil, bay leaves, add black cardamom, black peppercorns, cumin seeds and fry till it crackles.
- Next add chopped onions fry till it is golden brown and add ginger garlic paste, fry well till oil is released.
- In a small bowl, mix chole masala with water, red chilli powder, turmeric and mix well. Add it to the chole.
- Now add tomatoes and season with salt and cook till the masala is well done, add the chickpeas and put some in a cup and mash well.
- Add water and let it cook until the masalas are well blended.
- Add julienned ginger and slit chillies for added taste.
- Garnish with slit green chillies, ginger juliennes and chopped coriander. You can serve with bhature and onion rings beetroot, chillies salad.
Explore our Popular Stories.