Dalgona coffee sponge cake By jeanette gomes
Dalgona coffee sponge cake
As people were crazy about the dalgona coffee trend. Here is the cake version of it.Read More
6 people with 4-5 piece per person
45 minutes along with baking time
- 1/2 cup unsalted softened butter
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup +1 tbsp all purpose flour
- 1 and 1/2 TSP vanilla extract
- 1/2 TSP baking soda (optional)
- 1/2 TSP baking powder
- 4 Tbsp instant coffee
- 4 Tbsp hot water
- 4 Tbsp normal sugar(as per your taste)
- 1/2 TSP salt
- Combine and whisk the semi soft butter and granulated sugar until it forms a creamy texture in i.e.bowl 1.
- Combine and whisk the coffee, hot water and sugar mixture until you get a creamy fluffy texture in i.e.bowl 2.
- Whisk the egg whites until fluffy in i.e.bowl 3.
- After the egg whites are fluffy add the egg yolks along with vanilla extract and mix them together.
- In a separate bowl mix all the dry ingredients together in i.e. bowl 4.
- After all the mixtures are ready combine the egg white mixture along with the butter sugar mixture and whisk well (with a hand beater or electric).
- After whisking add the dalgona coffee creamy mixture to the batter and gently mix all the Ingredients gently.
- After you mix all the batters add all the dry ingredients to the mixture and gently cut and fold the batter till u get a smooth consistency.
- Feel free to add more sugar as per your taste.
- Add 2 Tbsp of milk if the consistency is too thick.
- After all the ingredients are mixed put it in the oven to bake for 20-25 minutes.
- Pre-heat the oven before you start mixing all the ingredients.
- Poke a knife into the cake to be sure if it is cooked evenly.
- If the knife comes out clean that states that the cake has been cooked if the knife has some batter on it it simply states that it still needs to be cooked.
- At the end you can to it off with ice cream or custard whatever suits you best.