Try this traditional Bihari delicacy made with rice flour stuffed with Bengal gram. These steamed and spiced dumplings are healthy and filling at the same time. It can best be enjoyed at breakfast or during evening snacks.Read More
- For the dough
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 1 cup rice flour
- For the stuffing
- 1 cup soaked bengal gram
- 2 tsp chopped green chillies
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 tsp cumin eeds
- chopped coriander leaves
- For the tempering
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 10-12 curry leaves
- For the dough: Boil water in a non-stick cooking pot. Add salt, cumin seeds and rice flour. Mix it well and transfer the mixture onto a plate.
- Knead the mixture well and make a soft dough. Wrap the dough with a wet cloth and allow it to rest for a while.
- For the stuffing: Grind soaked bengal gram, chopped green chillies and garlic cloves in a mixer grinder. Blend all the ingredients to a coarse paste.
- Add cumin seeds, salt and chopped coriander leaves. Blend the ingredients into a smooth paste.
- Flatten the dough and place the blended mixture on one half of the mixture. Seal it with the other half.
- Place the dumplings in a steamer and steam it for 15 to 20 minutes.
- For the tempering: Heat oil in a kadai. Add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Top it off over the prepared steamed Dalpitha.
Explore our Popular Stories.