Dal Bati By Pallavi Nigam Sahay
Dal Baati, originally from Rajasthan, is a much-loved dish all over India. Chef Pallavi’s guest Chhaya Gupta makes this traditional Rajasthani recipe comprising of baked wheat atta balls and sweet & sour tur dal. Her dal is spicy and tangy, and the baati is crunchy, which melts in your mouth.Read More
- 500 gram flour
- 5 1/2 tbsp ghee
- salt as per taste
- baking soda
- 1 cup boiled toor dal
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 10 - 14 curry leaves
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder
- red chilli powder
- 1/2 tsp coriander powder
- 2 - 3 tbsp garlic and dry red chilli paste
- 1/2 tsp dry mango powder
- 1 tsp jaggery
- tamarind paste
- Ghee and Coriander leaves for garnish
- In a bowl, add flour, ghee, salt as per taste, a pinch of baking soda, mix it and prepare a dough. Add ghee and mix it. Make small balls of the dough and bake it in a preheated oven at 160'C for 10 minutes.
- In a heated pan, add ghee, mustard seeds, cumin seeds, a pinch of asafoetida, curry leaves, chopped onion and cook it. Add turmeric powder, red chilli powder, coriander powder, garlic and dry red chilli paste and mix it.
- Add the cooked dal, water, salt as per taste and mix it. Add dry mango powder, jaggery, tamarind paste and keep stirring until it boils.
- Garnish with ghee and coriander leaves while serving.
Explore our Popular Stories.