Dahiwali Bread Bhaji
Now have sabzi made using chunks of diced bread and yogurt. The dish also contains other spices and vegetables from bell peppers to tomatoes, is later garnished with green chutney and spring onion.Read More
- 4 slices bread
- 1½ cup yoghurt
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp onions
- 1 tsp cumin seeds
- 6 to 8 curry leaves
- 1½ tbsp ginger garlic paste
- ½ tsp asafoetida
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ¼ cup bell peppers
- ¼ cup tomatoes
- 2 tsp coriander leaves
- 5 to 6 cashewnuts
- Take few bread slices and discard the edges. Then cut the bread into cubes and keep it aside.
- For the dahi mixture: In a mixing bowl, add yoghurt, turmeric powder, and red chilli powder and salt.
- Add the cube shaped breads and gently mix the bread in the prepared ingredients.
- For the dahiwali bhaji mixture: Heat oil in a pan. Add cumin seeds curry leaves, ginger garlic paste, chopped onions, asafoetida, coriander powder, red chilli powder, bell peppers and chopped tomatoes. Mix them well.
- Add the bread mixture into the pan and allow it to cook for few minutes.
- Sprinkle salt pepper and cashew nuts over it.
- For the plating: Place a ring mould on a plate and fill it with the prepared dahiwali bread bhaji.
- Sprinkle it along with salt, oil and crushed black pepper over it.
- Serve dahiwali bread bhaji with mint chutney and garnish it with chopped spring onions.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.