Dahi Gujia By Ajay Chopra
Chat is an integral part of Uttar Pradesh's cuisine and holds an essential place in the food cooked during Uttar Pradesh's Khatri weddings. Chef Ajay Chopra shares the recipe for a unique Gujiya. This recipe is a must-try.Read More
- 1 cup urad dal
- 1 tbsp mung dal
- For stuffing
- 2 tbsp chironji
- 1 tbsp raisin
- 2 tbsp cashew nuts
- 1-inch ginger chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves
- 1/2 tsp roasted cumin seeds
- pinch of black salt
- pinch of red chilli powder
- 1 green chopped green chilli
- oil for frying
- For saoking gujia
- 500 ml water
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 cups of curd
- For garnish
- 2 cups curd
- pinch of roasted cumin seeds powder
- tamarind chutney
- coriander leaves
- pinch of salt
- Make a thick paste of Urad Dal and Mung Dal.
- Add the paste in a bowl.
- Mix the paste well and make it soft.
- For stuffing, add chironji in a bowl.
- Add chopped raisin, cashew nuts, chopped ginger, chopped coriander leaves, cumin seeds powder, black salt, red chilli powder and mix it.
- Add chopped green chilli and mix it.
- On a wet piece of cloth, add the batter, stuffing mixture and fold the gujia.
- Deep fry the gujia until it turns crispy.
- In a pan add water, salt and let it boil.
- Soak the fried gujia in the boiling water for 10 -15 minutes.
- In a bowl add curd, water and mix it.
- Add the gujia in the mixture.
- For garnish, add curd in a plate.
- Add the gujia, salt, roasted cumin seeds powder, chilli powder, tamarind chutney, coriander leaves and Dahi Gujia is ready to serve.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.