Chaats is an integral part of Uttar Pradesh's cuisine and holds an essential place in the food cooked during Uttar Pradesh's Khatri weddings. Chef Ajay Chopra shares the recipe for a unique Gujiya. This recipe is a must try.Read More
- 1 cup urad dal
- 1 tbsp mung dal
- For stuffing
- 2 tbsp chironji
- 1 tbsp raisin
- 2 tbsp cashew nuts
- 1-inch ginger chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves
- 1/2 tsp roasted cumin seeds
- pinch of black salt
- pinch of red chilli powder
- 1 green chopped green chilli
- oil for frying
- For saoking gujia
- 500 ml water
- 1 tbsp salt
- 2 cups of curd
- For garnish
- 2 cups curd
- pinch of roasted cumin seeds powder
- tamarind chutney
- coriander leaves
- pinch of salt
- Make a thick paste of Urad Dal and Mung Dal.
- Add the paste in a bowl.
- Mix the paste well and make it soft.
- For stuffing, add chironji in a bowl.
- Add chopped raisin, cashew nuts, chopped ginger, chopped coriander leaves, cumin seeds powder, black salt, red chilli powder and mix it.
- Add chopped green chilli and mix it.
- On a wet piece of cloth, add the batter, stuffing mixture and fold the gujia.
- Deep fry the gujia until it turns crispy.
- In a pan add water, salt and let it boil.
- Soak the fried gujia in the boiling water for 10 -15 minutes.
- In a bowl add curd, water and mix it.
- Add the gujia in the mixture.
- For garnish, add curd in a plate.
- Add the gujia, salt, roasted cumin seeds powder, chilli powder, tamarind chutney, coriander leaves and Dahi Gujia is ready to serve.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.