Daal Makhani & Murthal Parantha By Ajay Chopra
Daal Makhani & Murthal Parantha
Murthal in Haryana is especially known for its parathe and dal makhni, which is made using urad dal, tomato puree, red chilli paste and potatoes among other ingredients. Treat yourself with this deliciously Haryanvi recipe.Read More
- For daal makhani
- 250 gm urad dal
- 2 tbsp ginger
- 3 green chillies
- 1 tbsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- 1 onion
- boiled potatoes
- coriander leave
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds
- ¼ tsp dried mango powder
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 50 gm butter
- 150 gm cream
- ½ tsp garam masala powder
- 1 tsp dried fenugreek powder
- For parantha
- 2 - 3 cauliflower florets
- ½ inch ginger
- 1 green chilli
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp carom seeds
- Procedure to make Dal Makhani & Murthal Parantha: In a pan add black urad dal, water, chopped ginger, chopped garlic, chopped green chilli, ginger - garlic paste, red chilli paste, mix it well and let it boil.
- Cover the pan with the lid.
- In a bowl add chopped onions, boiled crushed onions, chopped ginger, chopped green chillies, chopped green coriander leaves.
- In a heated pan add cumin seeds and stir it.
- In the potatoes add salt, red chilli powder, dry mango powder.
- Add the cumin seeds in the stone grinder and crush it.
- Add the roasted cumin powder in the potatoes and mix it well.
- In a bowl add grated cauliflower, chopped ginger, green chilli, salt, red chilli powder, carom seeds and mix it well.
- After 2 hours add tomato puree in the dal and cover the pan with a lid.
- Strain the water of cauliflower mixture in a bowl.
- Add butter in the dal and mix it well.
- Add cream in the dal and stir properly.
- From the dough make balls prepare a small roti and stuff the roti with cauliflower mixture.
- In the dal add salt, all ground spice, dried fenugreek powder and mix it well.
- Roll out the stuffed roti with hands.
- Place the parantha in a tandoor and let it cook.
- To garnish add white butter on parantha and Dal Makhani & Murthal Parantha is ready to serve.
Explore our Popular Stories.