Daab Malai Kichadi By Gautam Mehrishi
Daab Malai Kichadi
Eating oil, spicy food in summers can be discomforting. Chef Gautam Mehrishi shares a khichadi recipe which tastes yummy and is easy to cook. This khichadi is loaded with the nutrients and freshness of coconut and is perfect for lunch on a hot day.Read More
- 1 1/2 - 2 cup water
- 2 tsp coconut milk
- 1 1/2 coconut oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 3 - 4 cup blanched rice
- For tadka
- 2 - 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tsp fenugreek seeds
- 1 - 1 1/2 tsp chopped dry red chilli
- 1/2 cup curry leaves
- 2 - 3 tsp chopped ginger
- 2 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 - 1 1/2 tbsp coconut oil
- raw coconut
- 3 tbsp boiled rice
- 2 - 3 tbsp finely chopped french beans
- 2 tbsp boiled green gram
- 1/2 diced potatoes
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- For layer
- 2 - 3 tbsp boiled rice
- boiled green grams
- For garnish
- 1 tsp coconut milk
- red chilli powder
- In a hot pot add water, coconut milk, coconut oil, salt, blanched rice and boil it.
- Strain the cooked rice in a bowl.
- Add coconut oil over the rice.
- Scoop out the layer of soft coconut cream from the raw coconut.
- Add boiled rice, finely chopped french beans, boiled green gram, salt, diced potato with skin, coconut milk.
- To make Tadka, in a hot pan, add coconut oil, fenugreek seeds, chopped dry red chilli, curry leaves, chopped ginger, turmeric powder and mix it well.
- Add boiled rice again, boiled green grams and pour the tadka mixture.
- Bake it in the preheated oven at 180'C for 12 - 14 minutes.
- Add the kichadi in a plate, tadka mixture and coconut milk on the top.
- Sprinkle red chilli powder and, Daab Malai Khichadi is ready to serve.
Explore our Popular Stories.