CUP CAKE By swati swati
Home made cup cakes in 3 variants- Cherry, Mango and Banana WalnutRead More
6 Servings (6 Cup cakes, you can eat All or share if you like)
- Dry Ingredients:
- Maida/ Multipurpose Flour (10 0z )
- Baking Powder (1/4 Tbsp
- Baking Soda (1/4 Tbsp)
- Cinnamon Powder (A pinch)
- Castor Sugar / Powdered sugar (8 0z)
- Salt (A pinch)
- Cherry – 8-10 (numbers)
- Walnut- 2-3 (dusted with maida)
- Banana -1/2 (Large Banana- Ripe, pulp (grind it in blender to make a smooth paste)
- Mango-1/2 (Large – Ripe, Mashed or pulpy use any variety as per the taste preferably Baiganapally
- Wet Ingredients:
- Milk (4 0z/ 100 ml)
- Water (3 0z/8ml)
- Egg – 1 large (or 2 small)
- Refined Oil- 3 0z
- Food colour optional
- Vanilla Essence (Few drops)
- Sieve all the dry ingredients together I have used cinnamon powder in all the cup cakes as the batch size was small. If your batch size is bigger, we can sieve dry ingredients separately and skip adding cinnamon. Cinnamon powder goes really well with Banana and Walnut.
- To the wet ingredients add dry ingredients in small batches and mix in a D shape (cut and mix style ).
- Pre- heat the baking stand and microwave (In convection modor oven. I use a microwave so I add little water in my recipe to avoid dryness.
- Grease the silicon cup cake mold with oil and line it with grease proof cup or butter paper, I grease the paper as well.
- Since I have made 3 variants of Cup cake – namely Banana walnut, Mango and Cherry , as the batch size was limited to only 6 cup cakes I had assembled the fruits in the cup cake mould itself, if you have a larger batch you can add fruits in the batter itself.
- A pinch of food color powder add 1/2 tsp of water – Used for Banana walnut cup cake- Optional.
- Fill the cake batter 2/3 of the cupcake mold , leaving some space for it to rise.
- Bake at 110 degree Celsius for 4 minutes, test if it’s cooked, the toothpick should come clean. Otherwise, bake for another 2 minutes. Let it rest for 15-20 minutes and then take it out from the microwave. Remove it from the mold.
- Ready to indulge. If you wish you can garnish it with fresh fruits, drizzle some honey and castor sugar as I did.