Cucumber cake By Gautam Mehrishi
You may have tried Chocolate cake, Rum cake or even cheesecake. But have you tried the cucumber cake? Chef Gautam Mehrishi combines palm jaggery, coconut, cocoa and cucumber to make a delicious cake that will make you drool.Read More
- For cucumber cake
- 2 boiled oranges
- 4 eggs
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 1/2 tsp finely chopped ginger
- pinch of cocoa powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 - 1 1/2 cup almond flour
- 1 - 1 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 5 - 6 tbsp orange puree
- 1/2 cup chopped almonds
- 2 finely chopped cucumber
- 1 chopped mango
- 1/2 tsp baking powder preparing custard
- Boil the oranges in sugar and water and make a paste of it.
- In a bowl, add eggs, finely chopped ginger and beat it. Add caster sugar, cocoa powder, vanilla extract and beat it again.
- In another bowl, add almond flour, desiccated coconut and mix it well. Add the mixture into the eggs mixture and mix it well. Add orange puree, chopped almonds, cucumber, mango, baking powder and mix it.
- On a chilled cake mould, add the cake batter. Bake it in a preheated oven at 180'C to 200'C for 22 - 24 minutes.
- For preparing the custard, in a heated pan, add coconut milk, palm jaggery. Add cinnamon powder, vanilla extract.
- In a bowl, add egg yolks, water and mix it. Add the 3/4 part of custard mixture in the eggs and mix it. Add the mixture back again in the pan and mix.
- Unmould the cake and cut it into pieces. Garnish with mango cubes, jaggery, almonds and orange slices.
Explore our Popular Stories.