Crunchy fry Calamari rings By Shrddha Shetty
Crunchy fry Calamari rings
Want to serve a restaurant like cool looking and delicious starter to your guests, then the Crunchy Fry Calamari Rings is what you are looking for! Super Easy and a quick appetizer for your evening snack party or for your kids play party! Serve it with a plain cheesy dip or a Chipotle cheesy dip.Read More
- Calamaris Squids of average size 250 gms (ring shaped cut)
- Black Pepper Powder 2 tsp
- Italian Herbs dry powder (Oregano, Chilli Flakes, Parsley) 2 tbps
- Salt to taste
- All Purpose Flour Maida 1 cup
- Eggs 2
- Bread Crumbs 1 1/2 Cups
- Oil half ltr for Deep frying [I have used Saffola Gold Oil]
- Step 1: Take Cleaned and properly washed Calamari cut in ring shapes into a bowl; mix salt, pepper powder, italian dry mix and massage well onto the calamari rings; Let these rings rest aside for 15 mins.
- Step 2: After 15 mins of marination, Drain off the extra water released from the marinated squids completely.
- Step 3: Now spread Maida in a plate and roll these calamari rings over these maida from all sides, to make first layer coating over these rings.
- Step 4: For second layer of the rings, transfer these maida coated calamari rings into a bowl filled with whisked egg one by one.
- Step 5: For third layer to the rings, spread bread crumbs into a plate and if needed add some italian herbs, little salt, pepper powder to these crumbs too for extra flavour and mix well; then transfer these rings from egg into the plate of bread crumbs using a dry hand and roll over the bread crumbs on the rings from all side; till all the rings are dry coated with this third and last layer of bread crumbs.
- your hands and calamari rings should be dry at the end of this step; and all the rings should be free and seperated each other rings.
- Step 6: Heat some oil for deep frying on a deep kadhai for 5-7 minutes on low flame and once the oil is hot enough, transfer coated calamari rings one by one into hot oil slowly through the corners of the kadhai; keep frying these calamari for 5-6 minutes on medium flame till golden brown and crispy enough; if calamari rings are too many and your kadhai size is small then divide the calamaris into batches and fry in batches.
- [Caution: Please take special care while frying gently and keep safe distance from the kadhai to avoid any oil from splattering on to you].