Cream, salted and chocolate caramel tart By Rahul Pal
Cream, salted and chocolate caramel tart
Perfect dessert with unique flavour like naver before .Read More
Number of servings (yield): 16-18
Preparation time: 30 minute(s) Cooking time: 30 minute(s)
- For the crust:
- 250 g all purpose flour (2 and 1/4 cups)
- 30 g powdered almonds (1/4 cup)
- 150 g butter, cold, cut into cubes (1 stick + 1 tablespoon or 2/3 cup)
- 80 g sugar (3/8 cup)
- 1 egg
- 1 pinch of salt
- 1 pinch powdered vanilla
- For the salted caramel sauce:
- 70 g sugar (3/8 cup)
- 70 ml heavy cream (1/4 cup)
- 1 teaspoon butter
- pinch of salt
- For the chocolate cream:
- 500 ml heavy cream (2 cups)
- 350 g dark chocolate (12 oz)
- For the whipped cream:
- 300 ml heavy cream, very cold (1 cup aprox)
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- Optional: unsweetened cocoa powder for dusting
- Prepare the crust. Whizz all the ingredients in a food processor to a dough. Wrap the dough and chill for 30 minutes. Roll out the pastry and line a deep 24-26 cm tart tin with it; patch any holes if crumbly. Cover and chill for at least 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375 ºPrick the tart shell all over with a fork and bake about 25 minutes.
- Transfer to a rack and let cool.
- Prepare the caramel sauce. Place sugar a small saucepan and bring to a boil over medium heat. Look for the caramel to turn a rich amber colour, then remove pan from heat and whisk in butter and cream (the mixture will bubble up, so be careful!). Pour caramel into cooled tart shell and let cool slightly; refrigerate 1 hour.
- Prepare the chocolate cream. Chop the chocolate. Bring heavy cream to boil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Put chocolate into a medium bowl and pour in the hot cream. Let sit for a few minutes, then stir until smooth. Pour ganache evenly over tart and refrigerate 24 hours .
- Before serving, prepare the whipped cream. In a bowl, using an electric mixer, beat the cream with the sugar until firm. Pipe the whipped cream on top of the pie and dust with some cocoa powdered if desired.