Cream Puff Swans
These beautiful birds are made of French dough called choux paste. It would work with any number of fillings. Pastry cream, lemon curd, mousse, and fresh fruit are all perfect with this pâte à choux delivery system.Read More
- For pate choux:-
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 4 tbsp (40 gunsalted butter
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 Eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tsp granulated sugar + 2 tbsp powdered sugar for dusting
- For Filling:
- 1 cup whipped cream
- 1 cup pastry cream (it's optional, you can fill it with whipped cream only)
- For decoration:
- 1 tbsp powdered sugar
- Heat water and butter together in a pan till the butter is melted.
- Remove the mixture from gas and add flour and combine till no lumps.
- Again place it on fire and cook till it leaves the pan and forms a ball.
- Let this mixture cool for 15 mins and then add sugar and eggs one by one and combine with each addition.
- Now place the parchment paper on baking tray and preheat the oven at 210 degree celcious for 10 mins.
- Pipe the body and the neck on the parchment paper with a star nozzle for body and round tip for neck and bake it at 190 degree celcius for 20 mins. The neck portion will be done in less than 5 mins.
- Let them cool completely and after cooling, chop upper portion of the body so that you can make wings by again dividing them into two.
- Fill the bottom part with pastry cream and then cover with whipped cream.
- Place the head and wings and sprinkle powdered sugar. Serve immediately.