Couscous and Corn Idli
Idlis are a staple in South India. Here is a recipe for an idli with difference.Read More
- 1/2 cup boiled corn
- 1/2 tbsp clove powder
- 1/2 tbsp black pepper powder
- 1/2 baking powder
- 2 tbsp yogurt
- for couscous:3 tbsp couscous
- 5 tbsp semolina
- 1/2 tbsp baking powder
- 4-5 tbsp coconut oil
- 3 tbsp split bengal gram
- 2 tbsp black gram
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 3-4 nos slit green chillies
- 10-12 no cuury leaves
- 2 tbsp semolina
- 5-6 no french beans
- for chutney:1/2 cup grated coconut
- 1/2 tsp clove powder
- 1/2 black pepper powder
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp coriander leaves
- 1 tbsp mint leaves
- ground corn mixture.
- Add a little more semolina to this and mix again.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan.
- Add split Bengal gram and black gram to the hot oil.
- Into this add a few mustard seeds.
- Add slit green chillies, a few curry leaves.
- Use the oil in the pan for mixing with corn couscous mixture.
- Chop French beans into small pieces.
- Mix this with the corn mixture.
- Brush oil in the idli maker and fill it with the idli mix.
- Top it with the remaining French beans and gram mix.
- Steam this for seven to eight minutes.
- Your corn couscous idli is ready.
- In a separate bowl, take some grated coconut, clove powder, black pepper powder, coconut oil, coriander leaves and mint leaves and mix them.
- Serve the idli with this coconut chutney.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.