Coffee cinnamon Cake By Rubal Agrawal
Coffee cinnamon Cake
Rich earthy flavour of cinammon with the strong filter coffeeRead More
- Maida - 1 cup
- Filter coffee powder- 2 tablespoon
- Refined oil or butter- 1/4 cup
- Powdered Sugar- 1/2 cup
- Cinnamon powder- 2 pinches
- Milk- 1/3 cup
- Baking powder- 3/4 tea spoon
- Baking Soda -1/4 tea spoon
- Mix the filter coffee powder in 3-4 table spoon warm water. Keep the mixture overnight in a cool place. This helps to develop the coffee flavour.
- Strain the coffee mixture using a very fine Muslin cloth 2-3 times. Add the cinnamon powder and keep aside for 15 minutes.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a bowl. Sift and Keep aside.
- In a large bowl combine the coffee concoction with butter or refined oil. Whisk till light. Add half the milk and whisk again.
- In a pressure pan, add some salt to cover the base completely and remove the weight whistle and put the lit and heat on low flame for 5-6 minutes.
- While the pressure pan is getting hot, add the dry ingredients to the wet mixture one spoon at a time and keep whisking.
- When all the dry ingredients is mixed, add the remaining milk to adjust the consistency, to make a batter that falls like a ribbon when the whisk is lifted.
- Add 4-5 drops of lemon juice (acidity helps to activate baking soda not add more than 4-5 drops else milk may curdle.
- Pour in a greased Tin and immediately put inside the hot pressure pan.
- Cook on medium low heat for 40-50 minutes, without the weight whistle.
- Open the pan and check by inserting a skewer. If it comes out clean, the cake is done. Cool it properly.
- Invert the cooled Tin over a plate. Tap gently.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar ( be creative, use paper cut outs to create a beautiful pattern over the cake. Serve.