Coffee and Soy Chicken By Ajitesh Mohanty
Coffee and Soy Chicken
The flavour of coffee and soy sauce making the chicken flavourful and and also tender.Read More
- Chicken-500 gms
- Garlic-8 cloves
- Chili Flakes-1 tbsp or a bit more
- Pizza mix(optionaif not adding this add more oregano and chili flakes- 1/2tsp
- Coffee pwd. - 3/4 tbsp
- Soy sauce- 1tbsp
- Salt to taste
- Brown sugar-1 tbsp(u can use white sugar too)
- Mustard Paste-1/2 tbsp
- Mustard oil-2 tbsp
- Vinegar-1 tbsp
- Lemon juice-10ml
- Tomato cut in thick slices – 1
- Pepper pwd.- 1 tsp
- Butter-30gm for basting
- For Chipotle Caramelized Onion and Fennel Dip
- Sliced Onions- 1 cup
- Butter-15 gms
- balsamic Vinegar- 2tbsp
- Fennel- 1 tsp
- Hung Curd-1/2 cup
- Sugar-1 tsp
- Chipotle Sauce-1 tbsp
- Marinade all the ingredients with chicken and tomato. Keep it for 2 hours. If you are keeping it for more then refrigerate it.
- Preheat the oven at 200 deg. C.
- Coat the chicken pieces with black pepper powder. Keep the marinated chicken on a wire rack and roast it for 40-50 min turning upside down at 20 min and basting it with remaining sauce and butter.
- Serve with chipotle Caramelized onion and Fennel dip.
- Chipotle Caramelized Onion and Fennel Dip Saute sliced onions in butter at low heat. Cook till all the water evaporates and onion is caramelized. Remove and grind it in a jar with some curd and chipotle sauce.
- When it turns pink add some sugar, fennel and balsamic vinegar (else white vinegar+wine and water).