Chef Gautam Mehrishi gives a healthy twist to the waffle with wheat flour and coconut milk. This waffle can be consumed in breakfast and tastes amazing with lemon posset. Try this recipe at home for your kids. They will love it.Read More
- 2 - 3 cup wheat flour
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 - 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp caster sugar
- 3 - 4 tbsp clarified butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup coconut milk
- 2 - 3 tbsp grated coconut
- For custard
- 3 - 4 cup coconut milk
- 4 - 5 tbsp milk
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 pinch of cardamom powder
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup hot milk
- 1/2 tsp wheat flour
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp lemon zest
- For garnish
- cardamom powder
- lemon slice
- dry coconut
- fresh herbs
- In a bowl, add wheat flour, baking powder, vanilla extract, lemon juice and mix it well.
- Add castor sugar, clarified butter, milk and mix it well.
- Add coconut milk, grated coconut and mix it slowly.
- Let the batter cool at room temperature for 5 - 7 minutes.
- For preparing the custard, in a hot pot, add coconut milk, milk, brown sugar, vanilla extract, cardamom powder and mix it well on a low flame.
- In a bowl, add eggs and beat it.
- Pour hot milk into the bowl and mix it.
- Add wheat flour and mix it.
- Pour the mixture in the pot and cook well.
- Stir constantly until the mixture becomes thick.
- Take the pot off from the gas stove.
- Add lemon juice and lemon zest and let it cool.
- Add the batter in a waffle maker and let it cook.
- Cut coconut waffle and place it on a plate.
- Garnish with cardamom powder, lemon slices, dry coconut, fresh herbs and Coconut Waffle is ready to serve.
Explore our Popular Stories.