Coconut Cupcakes with Cream Cheese filling. By Saloni Chhablani
Coconut Cupcakes with Cream Cheese filling.
A simple coconut cup cake with a twist of cream cheese filling. A filling that melts your soul with sweetness.Read More
Makes 12 cupcakes
Preparation time :15 mins ; Baking time : 20-25 mins
- For cream cheese filling : 120 gms cream cheese ; 40 gms castor sugar ; 2 tbsp refined flour ; 1-2 drop of lemon yellow food gel.
- For coconut cupcakes : 280 gms refined flour ; 70 gms desiccated coconut ; 120 gms castor sugar ; 100 gms curd ; 100 gms unsalted butter ; 110-130 gms milk ; 1 tbsp white vinegar ; 1 tsp baking powder ;1/2 tsp baking soda ; a pinch of salt .
- For cream cheese whipping : 100 gms cream cheese ; 150 ml heavy cream (sweetened).
- For decor : coconut flakes ; 2-3 tbsp dry roasted desiccated coconut.
- For cream cheese filling : In a bowl add cream cheese and sugar n mix it with spatula until a smooth mixture is formed then sieve in flour n fold it in , keep aside after making 12 balls of equal size .
- For coconut cupcake : In a bowl mix in milk with vinegar and keep aside for 10-12 mins.In a bowl sieve flour , baking powder and baking soda add in the coconut n keep aside . In a separate bowl whip together sugar and butter until it becomes light and fluffy add in curd and whip again . Add in dry ingredients and milk in batches until right consistency is obtained . Do not overmix.
- Line up the cupcake liners on baking tray fill in the liners with 1-2 tbsp of cupcake batter add in the ball of cream cheese and cover it with cupcake batter .
- In a pre heated oven for 12-15 mins at 180℃ ,bake the cupcakes for 18-22 mins.
- Cool down the cupcakes , whip them up with cream cheese whipping n sprinkle over some flakes n coconut .