Citrus Sponge Cake By Shivani Shah
Citrus Sponge Cake
It is rich sponge cake flavoured with orange and lemon peel.Read More
- 120gms flour
- 120 gms castor sugar
- 20 gms Margarine
- Butter 100 gms
- 3 eggs
- candied peel 1no
- Lemon juice 1 no
- A pinch of lemon rind
- 45 ml milk
- Few drops orange essence
- 2.5 gms baking powder
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C.
- Grease an 7inch round cake tin.
- Line the base with grease proof paper.
- Cream the butter and sugar together in a bowl and then add eggs, one at a time.
- Add a tablespoon of flour with the third egg and mix well.
- Sift the remaining flour and gently fold it in.
- Add the citrus elements - lemon juice, rind, and candied orange peel and fold in.
- Put it in the tin and bake until golden brown or 30-40 minutes.
- Once done, let it cool for 10 minutes and then finish it off with a candied orange peel.