Cinnamon Crumble Apple Cake By Althia Dsouza Jani
Cinnamon Crumble Apple Cake
A perfect match made in heaven combo of cinnamon and apples will want you asking for more after every bite of the warm cinnamon, with the melt in your mouth crumble, the sweetness and juiciness of apples. Loved by everyone and easy to make, makes special my cake. (inversion)😃Read More
- For the Apple Cake 1 cup red apple, chopped 210 grams (1 and 1/2 cupplain flour or maida
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 150 grams (3/4 cusugar (can be reduced as per sweetness preference). 2 large eggs - room temperature
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 120 ml (1/2 cuvegetable oil
- 120 ml (1/2 cup yoghurt or buttermilk
- Cinnamon topping (crumble)
- 50 grams (1/4 cup caster sugar or powder sugar
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 180 C .Grease and line an 8 or 9 inch round cake tin with butter paper. I prefer using springform.
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and sugar. Add chopped apple and mix to combine in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, add eggs, vanilla, oil and yoghurt/buttermilk. whisk to break the yolks.
- Add wet ingredients to dry ingredients and mix with a spoon or spatula. do not over mix.
- Now with clean hands, take a small bowl and make the cinnamon topping, by combining cinnamon, sugar and butter. mix well. it will should look like wet sand. don't overdo it.
- Now first add the cake batter to the pan , then gently sprinkle the topping over the cake batter. don't push it.
- Bake cake for approximately 30-35 minutes or until the knife or toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean. Wait for 5 minutes before removing cake from pan and place on wire rack to cool.
- Once cooled, what are you waiting for. By now the cinnamon and Apple aromas will make you hungry and want you to cut that cake straight away.