Chole Bhature By Ajay Chopra
In Sikh weddings, Chole is like an emotion. Chole Bhature, Chole Kulche or Chole Puri is a must have in Sikh weddings. Chef Ajay Chopra shares the recipe for classic Pindi chole and crisp bhature. This recipe is a must try.Read More
- 300 gm soaked chickpeas
- 1 black cardamom
- 1/2 cinnamon
- 7-8 cloves
- 7-8 green cardamom
- 1 tsp Tea leaves
- 2-3 dried pieces of raw mango
- For chole masala
- 8 black cardamom
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 10-12 cloves
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 6 green cardamom
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg powder
- For tadka
- 5 tbsp ghee
- 1 cup sliced onion
- 1 cup sliced tomato
- 2-3 green chillies
- 1 tsp ginger julienne
- coriander sprigs
- 1 tsp ajwain powder
- 2 tsp roasted cumin powder
- 1 tsp dried mango powder
- 2 tsp dried pomegranate powder
- 1 tbsp chola masala
- For bhature
- 500 gm maida
- 150 gm sooji
- pinch of soda
- salt to taste
- 4 tbsp curd
- oil for deep frying
- In a heated pan add water, chickpeas and let it boil.
- On a piece of cloth add black cardamom, cinnamon sticks, cloves, green cardamom, tea leaves and tie the knot.
- Add the piece of cloth in the boiling chickpeas.
- Add dried raw mango and leave it to boil.
- Once boiled, strain the water of chickpeas.
- For preparing Chole Masala, add black cardamom in a pan.
- Add cinnamon sticks, cloves, black pepper, green cardamom, mace, nutmeg powder and toast it.
- Blend it and prepare a powder.
- For preparing Bhature, in a bowl add maida.
- Add sooji, soda, salt, curd, water and prepare a soft dough.
- Leave the dough to rest for 1 hour.
- Roll out the dough and deep fry the bhature in oil.
- For preparing Chole, add ghee in a heated pan and let it boil.
- Add the boiled chickpeas in a pan.
- Add sliced onions, tomato, green chilli, ginger, coriander leaves and mix it.
- Add salt as per taste and mix it again.
- Add ajwain powder, roasted cumin seeds powder, dried mango powder, dried pomegranate powder and chola masala.
- Add the boiled ghee in the chickpeas, stock of chickpeas water and let it cook.
- Garnish it with juliennes of onion, ginger, tomato, green chilli and Chole Bhature is ready to serve.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.