Chocolate Marquise By Zeba Kohli
This recipe of chocolate marquise is a pure delight for all the chocolate lovers. With plum compote, it forms the perfect indulgence. Serve it at your dinner party and win all hearts!Read More
- 200 gms melted dark chocolate
- 125 gms white chocolate
- 45 ml rum
- 75 gms unsalted butter
- 50 gms icing sugar
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
- 300 ml whipped cream
- For plum compote
- 80 gm castor sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 3 full plums
- 1 cup water
- For plating
- 20 gm cherries
- whipped cream
- mint leaves
- Put the dark chocolate in a heat proof bowl, set over a pan of simmering water.
- Add 30 ml rum and leave until melted.
- Melt the white chocolate with remaining 15 ml rum in the same way.
- Beat 50 gms of butter and 25 gms of icing sugar together in a bowl until pale & creamy.
- Sift in the cocoa.
- Add the melted dark chocolate and fold in until evenly incorporated.
- In a separate bowl, lightly whip the cream; fold half into dark chocolate mixture.
- Beat the remaining butter and icing sugar together in another bowl.
- Stir in the white chocolate, then fold in the remaining cream.
- Place alternate spoonful of two mixture in the preparation.
- Tap gently to level the surface.
- Chill the marquise for sometime.
- For Plum Compote, mix all the 4 ingredients together in a saucepan.
- Boil until thick.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.