Chocolate Lagan Nu Custard With Coconut Crust By Zeba Kohli
Chocolate Lagan Nu Custard With Coconut Crust
Had lagan nu custard at a Parsi wedding and wish to try the recipe at home? Look no more as we have for you the iconic recipe with an added chocolatey twist. So do try this easy recipe!Read More
- 6 eggs
- 800 ml milk
- 1/3 tin condensed milk
- 250 gms sugar
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 100 gm dark chocolate
- 20 gm boiled and sliced almonds
- 20 gm boiled and sliced pistachios
- For coconut crust
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 3/4th cup sugar
- 3 tbsp malai
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp elaichi powder
- chopped Almonds
- 1 tsp ghee
- In a pan boil the milk.
- In a bowl add eggs, cardamom powder, nutmeg powder, vanilla essence and beat the mixture.
- Turn off the flame and cool the milk.
- Condence milk, sugar, chopped dark chocolate chunks and stir well.
- Add the mixture to the milk, pour the mixture in the baking pan.
- Bake the custard in pre-heated oven for 30 mins at 220'C.
- For the coconut crust, in a pan, add grated coconut, sugar, ghee, malai, milk and cardamom powder.
- Mix all the ingredients on a low flame to form a soft dough.
- Add organic edible pink color and mix well.
- Spread the coconut mixture into the tray. Set in the fridge for 20 mins.
- Cut into rectangular piece and serve.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.