Chocolate Lagan Nu Custard With Coconut Crust
Had lagan nu custard at a Parsi wedding and wish to try the recipe at home? Look no more as we have for you the iconic recipe with an added chocolatey twist. So do try this easy recipe!Read More
- 6 eggs
- 800 ml milk
- 1/3 tin condensed milk
- 250 gms sugar
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder & nutmeg powder
- 1 tsp vanilla essence
- 100 gm dark chocolate
- 20 gm boiled and sliced almonds
- 20 gm boiled and sliced pistachios
- For coconut crust
- 1 cup grated coconut
- 3/4th cup sugar
- 3 tbsp malai
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp elaichi powder
- chopped Almonds
- 1 tsp ghee
- First, bring the milk to a boil in a large non - stick pan.
- Once the milk has boiled, remove from the heat and stir in the condensed milk & sugar.
- Cook over low flame.
- Keep stirring this for a good 15 minutes until sugar is melted, the milk should be sticky & ivory colour.
- Turn off the flame and cool it.
- While this is happening, beat the eggs, vanilla, nutmeg and cardamom powder until frothy.
- Stir this mixture into the cool milk.
- Once its all mixed, grease a large baking dish and pour the mixture in it.
- Put the dish in pre-heated oven and bake until golden (atleast an hour on about 220 degrees C).
- Garnish with nuts and pop it back in the switched off oven.
- Chill and serve once the custard is set.
- Cut into small pieces and serve.
- For the coconut crust, in a pan, add grated coconut, sugar, malai & milk.
- Mix all the ingredients on a low flame to form a soft dough.
- Add elaichi powder and mix well.
- Once the dough is formed, take the mixture off the flame.
- Grease a flat surface with little ghee & spread the mixture to cool completely.
- Garnish the mixture with almonds & cashews.
- Once the mixture cools, cut medium size pieces.
- Coconut base is ready.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.