Chocolate Eclairs with Vanilla Cream
This is my best childhood memory, i wanted to cook this since the moment i started cooking , this is the most delicious mouth watering dessertRead More
- For the Filling:
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1/2 vanilla essence
- 6 egg yolks
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1 tbs cold unsalted butter
- For the Pastry:
- 1 cup water
- 8 tbs 1 stick unsalted butter
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 eggs
- For the Egg Wash:
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp water
- For the Chocolate Glaze:
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chopped
- For the Filling:.
- In a medium pan, heat the milk and add vanilla essence boil over medium heat. Immediately turn off the heat and let it rest . In a bowl, whisk the egg yolks and sugar until light and fluffy. Add the cornstarch And whisk very well.Now add the milk which we kept earlier and mix it slowly make sure there should be no lumps. Now cook this sauce over medium-high heat, whisking constantly, until thickened and slowly boiling. Remove from the heat and stir in the butter. Let cool slightly. Cover with plastic wrap, lightly pressing the plastic against the surface to prevent a skin from forming. Chill at least 2 hours or until ready to serve.
- In a big pan, bring the water, butter, salt and sugar to a boil over medium-high heat. When it boils, immediately take the pan off the heat, add flour and keep Stirring with a wooden spoon, add all Return to the heat and cook it should look like a soft ball ,( only about 1 min ) Use hand blender and Mix at medium speed. So that steam can ho off With the mixer running, add 4 eggs, 1 egg at a time.The dough should be thick, but should fall slowly and steadily from the beaters when you lift them out of the bowl.
- Using a pastry bag fitted with a large star tip, pipe fat lengths onto the lined baking sheet, leaving 2 inches of space between them. Use egg wash on the pastry it will give them nice golden colour on them.
- Bake for 15 minutes at 210 degree celsius then reduce the heat to 190 degrees and bake until puffed up and light golden brown, about 25 minutes more. Try not to open the oven door too often during the baking. Let cool on the baking sheet.
- From back side of pastry make small holes from normal tip. Using a pastry bag fitted with a medium-size plain tip, gently pipe the custard into the eclairs, U can feel them filling it will blow.
- For the Ganache.
- In a small saucepan, heat the cream over medium heat just until it boils. Immediately turn off the heat.
- Put the chocolate in a medium bowl. Pour the hot cream over the chocolate and whisk until melted and smooth.
- Set aside and keep warm.
- Dip the tops of the eclairs in the warm chocolate glaze and set on a sheet pan. Chill, uncovered, at least 1 hour to set the ganache . Serve chilled.