Chocolate Cake By Nikitha Mandava
The best way to satisfy a sweet tooth is through a cake. Prepare this delicious chocolate cake in less than an hour to satisfy your cravings.Read More
- 4 Eggs
- 1 and 1/2 cup : Powdered Sugar
- 1 cup : Oil
- 2 cups : All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 cup : Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 tsp : Coffee Powder
- A pinch of Salt
- 1/2 cup : Warm Water
- 1 tsp : Vanilla Essence
- 2 and 1/2 tsp : Baking Powder
- 300 grams : Dark Chocolate (50-60% dark)
- 300 grams : Fresh Cream
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- In a large bowl, whisk 4 eggs.
- Add powdered sugar and oil into the whisked eggs and mix well.
- Add all purpose flour gradually into the egg sugar mixture and mix well.
- Add warm water as required into the mixture and mix well.
- Add cocoa powder coffee powder and salt into the mixture and mix well.
- Add vanilla essence and baking powder and mix well.
- Grease the pan with oil / place a baking sheet.
- Pour the batter into the pan .
- Bake the cake for about 25 minutes on 180°C or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Place the cake on a wire rack to cool for 10 minutes then turn out onto wire rack to cool completely.
- Once cooled, cut the cake horizontally into 3 even layers.
- Chop the dark chocolate into small pieces.
- Boil the fresh cream in a pan.
- Transfer the cream into a large bowl and add the chopped chocolate into it.
- Cover the bowl for 5 minutes.
- Mix the chocolate and cream unit they are well mixed.
- Pour the ganache over the bottom layer of the cake and spread it evenly.
- Place the second layer of cake over the bottom layer.
- Pour the ganache over the second layer and spread it evenly.
- Place the top layer of cake on top of the second layer.
- Refrigerator the cake for about 5-10 minutes until the chocolate is well set.
- Pour the ganache over the cake and spread it evenly.
- Refrigerate it until the chocolate is well set.