Chocolate Baklava By Creationsofconfeteria Munia
An innovative twist to the Mediterranean dessert. Rich and luxurious. It has the goodness of dry fruits, decadence of hazelnut chocolate paste, buttery and creamy aroma, and melt in your mouth taste.Read More
- 16 nos Filo sheets (9"x 14"), thawed and covered in moist cloth
- 75 gms Butter, melted
- 100 gms Hazelnut chocolate paste, room temperature
- 50 gms Almonds, roasted & chopped
- 50 gms Pistachios, roasted and chopped
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup water
- 5 drops rose water
- Take a 9" x 14" glass Baking tray and brush some melted butter all over.
- Place a Filo sheet and brush some butter over it.
- Put another Filo sheet on top of the first.
- Spread butter on top of the second sheet too.
- Add two more sheets in the same procedure by brushing melted butter in between.
- Divide the hazelnut chocolate paste and chopped almonds and pistachios into three equal portions.
- Spread one third of the Hazelnut chocolate paste over the fourth Filo sheet. Sprinkle one third of the chopped nuts evenly over it. Cover with another Filo sheet.
- Now over the fifth Filo sheet again brush butter and put three layers of butter coated Filo sheets.
- Over the 8th Filo sheet repeat the Hazelnut chocolate paste and chopped nuts procedure.
- Repeat the process again. And add four more Butter coated Filo sheet over the third and last Hazelnut chocolate paste layer.
- Total 16 sheets, with hazelnut chocolate paste layer after every four Filo sheet layers, thrice and last layer another bunch of four Filo sheets.
- Apply butter liberally to the top most layer, cut into 12 equal square pieces in the tray and bake at 175°C for 30 minutes in a preheated oven.
- While the Baklava is baking, prepare the sugar syrup by dissolving the sugar into water. The syrup should have a single string consistency. Add the rose water and remove from heat. The syrup should be warm.
- Take out the baked Baklava, it should have a crispy golden brown appearance. Pour the warm syrup evenly over the freshly baked baklava.
- Let it cool.
- Carefully by skidding a knife take out the Baklava pieces. Garnish with chopped pistachios and serve.