Chocolate Babka By Maria Goretti
Did you know that Babka bread was traditionally served on Easter Sunday? This sweet bread can have a variety of fillings from cinnamon to chocolate. Watch on to try baking a Chocolate Babka.Read More
- 200 gm unsalted butter
- 150 gm castor sugar
- 2 egg yolks
- 2 tsp vanilla essence
- 2 tbsp oil
- 3 tsp dry yeast
- 3 tsp warm milk
- 200 ml milk
- 1 kg flour
- 150 gm chocolate ganache
- Procedure to make Chocolate babka: In a bowl add butter, castor sugar and whisk it.
- Add egg yolks, vanilla essence, salt, oil, add the mixture of yeast and warm milk, milk, flour and knead it.
- Cover the dough with cling film and put in the fridge to cool for 10 - 15 minutes.
- Roll out the dough and smear it with chocolate ganache.
- Roll the dough.
- Cut both the ends of dough.
- Divide the dough into three and plaid it.
- To the baking tin smear butter and place the babka in it and let it prove.
- Bake the babka in a preheated oven at 180' C for 20 - 25 minutes.
- To garnish cut slices of babka, add honey and Chocolate babka are ready to serve.
Popular Recipe Blogs
Explore our Popular Stories.